Get Your Geek On

Get your geek on. Show your support. | geekthelibrary.org

Monday, August 17, 2009

Thanks

And now for a list of thank you's:

Thanks to all the friends and neighbors who helped us out at home while we were gone. Subs for lessons, trash can duty, lawn mowing, car delivery, plant sitting and more I'm sure I've forgotten about were all done by people we care about. You guys know who you are--you're the best!

Thanks to all the students who came on this Study Abroad adventure. You guys were always positive and willing to go on another "adventure." Thanks for talking to someone your mom's age and especially thanks for talking with and including my kids. You guys are great! Be sure to let us know about the next adventures in your life (mission, graduation, marriage, etc.)

Thanks to the other faculty director, Richard Holzapfel. Your knowledge is amazing and I really enjoyed listening to you talk about the New Testament. Thanks for doing so much for the program and for taking the majority of the late night phone calls. Thanks to your wife, Jeni, for being so kind and listening to my whining. Thanks for the example of packing light--next time I'll do better!

Thanks to my kids for being amazing. You guys showed so much maturity it made me happy. I was worried about being cooped up in a tiny apartment, but we made it work without too many problems thanks to you guys. Thanks for listening to all the lectures, guides, & students and learning from them. I'm so glad we could have this opportunity as a family. You three are great!!

And most especially, thanks to Gary for everything. Thanks for being so smart and being able to share your knowledge with others. Thanks for having patience with everyone--especially me. I was probably the whiniest & wimpiest person on the the whole Study Abroad trip. Thanks for taking our family along on this grand adventure. Thanks for helping me to stretch and grow by giving me situations out of my comfort zone--and being there to help me through them. When we met 27 years ago this month, I had no idea what was in store for us, but what a ride it has been!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for agreeing to go. Sometimes we ask a lot from you, but you always come through.

    ReplyDelete