Get Your Geek On

Get your geek on. Show your support. | geekthelibrary.org

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Not a Good Week

I haven't posted a blog entry in a while because I've had a hard time being positive lately. So rather than whine and complain, I just chose to not say anything at all (well, at least here). It's all part of my trying to be more of a "glass half-full" kind of person. But even half-full people have crappy weeks. And this has been one of them. So I'm blogging anyway.

Sorrow would be the word I choose to summarize many of my feelings this week. I won't go into details, but my heart is aching for people around me. Even now, I find myself crying again just thinking about them.

Anxiety is another word that could be added to the summary of my week. I hate feeling this way, but until some situations are resolved, I'm afraid this feeling is here to stay. If any of you out there are "Monk" fans, and you watched the final episode this week, you'll remember this conversation between Adrian and Dr. Bell:

(paraphrased) I hate the great unknown, what's so great about it anyway?
Maybe it's the 'not-so-great' unknown

In a rare role reversal, Gary was saying how glad he is to see this year be gone, how it's just been one bad thing after another. And then I was the one to point out the good things of the year to him. If only I can keep this attitude for the next while, maybe I will feel better, despite my sorrow and anxiety.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that things are so rotten right now. It seems to be a bit of an epidemic; we've had some really nasty stuff in our family lately as well. Good luck getting through whatever it is. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear it's been rough - and I want you to know I'm on your side for anything you need at all. Including brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I'm kind of down on the whole decade. I know there have been some bright spots, but beginning with the anxiety about Y2K viruses through 9/11 and the aftermath I am happy to welcome a new decade. May it be a darn sight better than the old. (And I'm an optimistic person.)

    ReplyDelete