During the holidays and the few weeks after, I kept thinking that I would get back to "regular" life when those things I was consumed with at the time were over. So we enjoyed Christmas, New Year's, and the break from school. We got the missionary son off to the MTC, got the grandparents off to the MTC, and I started my new job at the library. Now it's been a couple of weeks and I'm pondering what my "regular" life is...and what it should be.
I think I have a lot of work to do to make my "regular" life more like what it should be. But I'm not going to overwhelm myself with lots of "New Year's Resolutions" or lists of EVERYTHING that needs to be fixed or improved. I think I'll just start with 2 things to work on for the next 4-6 weeks. I'm going to (1) try to do a better job of planning ahead on meals and (2) spend more time preparing my Sunday School lessons.
I'll let you know how this step into my new "regular" life goes in a month or so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I think sometimes that our "regular" life is what's happening while we're planning or thinking about something else. It often doesn't get quite the credit it deserves! I hope your new quests go well. I'm pulling for you.
ReplyDeleteI always give myself time after the birth of a baby to figure out the "new normal". But I've found that "normal" and "regular" are relative terms. Some days I still feel like I still haven't recovered from Tessa's birth 3 years ago!
ReplyDeleteMaybe regular life is constantly evolving because we (I) always have something to improve on no matter how many improvements have already been made. Good luck on adding good things to your regular life. I should take your lead.
You're smart to start with just two things. I'm doing one: fitness and weight loss. It's amazing, though, how other things are starting to fall into place: I'm planning meals, spending less time stewing and more time doing, being more organized. I think starting with one thing spreads to other areas. Good luck with your goals!
ReplyDelete