December 24-25, 2012
Christmas was pretty low key at our house this year. We had just returned from our trip (see next post) and had quite the whirlwind before that, so it was nice to have a couple of quiet days. Christmas Eve was spent at home all together. We ate tamales for dinner (a tradition of the past few years), decorated gingerbread cookies, watched A Charlie Brown Christmas, and read the Christmas story from the scriptures. I made everyone go to bed around 11:30 or 12 so Santa could make a visit :)
Christmas morning arrived with snow--just like Maren had hoped for! We woke up about 8, opened some presents, and ate yummy orange rolls for breakfast. Later, Aubrey and I both fell asleep while Maren & Carson went outside for some snowball action :) We had delicious pork roast for dinner that night. We didn't need to be anywhere and no one was coming to our house, so I stayed in my pajamas all day--haven't done that in a long time. It was a nice relaxing time together. I'm glad we could have this holiday all together--who knows when that will be able to happen again?
Pictures from the gingerbread cookie adventure:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment