Get Your Geek On

Get your geek on. Show your support. | geekthelibrary.org

Friday, July 17, 2009

The Three P's

Pizza, Pasta & Panini




Yep, that's what we eat for nearly every lunch and dinner--well, actually, that IS all I've eaten for lunch and dinner since I got here. Gary & Carson did have fried fish one night before Maren & I came, but pretty much everything else is one of the three p's. It's because they are so available (and cheaper than everything else, to be honest). And they taste good, too. Italian pizza is generally very thin crust with few toppings, baked in a wood fired oven, so it's not as filling or heavy as American pizza. They do have thick crust pizza in some places--G & C did notice they couldn't eat as much of it. Panini are a quick cheap bite to eat on the run (they usually aren't grilled) and are sold at several places around the tourist areas for that very reason. As for pasta--there are just so many choices! We have also eaten fruit, just not too many vegetables, unless you count tomatoes as a veggie instead of fruit.

1 comment:

  1. I just finished lunch, and this is making me hungry. It sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete