Get Your Geek On

Get your geek on. Show your support. | geekthelibrary.org

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Crazy for Crosswords

OK, maybe not crazy, but I do look forward to doing the crossword in the newspaper each day. It was one of the things I really missed in Italy & Greece this summer. My family thinks I'm crazy because I like to do them in pen. Pencil just doesn't cut it for me with crosswords. If I get one wrong, I just write over it. Sometimes it gets a little messy, but it's what I do.

I especially like Mondays & Tuesdays when I can do two. Why two? Because I can solve the New York Times Crossword puzzles on Mondays & Tuesdays, and on a rare occasion, Wednesday. Because they get progressively harder each day, Monday is the easiest, Tuesday a bit harder, and so on. Saturday's are the most difficult with Sunday reverting to the difficulty level of about Thursday, but it's much bigger. The puzzle I solve everyday is the Sheffer Crossword. It too seems to get a bit harder each day, but I can usually figure it out (sometimes with help from Gary or the Internet). I figure it's my little brain exercise to keep the grey cells from deteriorating too much.

So why am I blogging about this today? Because yesterday was Monday, and I couldn't finish either crossword puzzle!! What? Am I losing my touch? No, apparently not. It must have been a fluke, because I did today's just fine. Whew!

3 comments:

  1. My mom loved crosswords. And word finds. I love a game called Chicktionary that Jacob loaded on our iPod. I also like Mahjong. (Is that how you spell it? I'm not taking time to look it up. Lazy me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE crossword puzzles!!! I just feel stupid because I can't get any of the answers.

    I can't believe that you do them in PEN! That is daring. Jacy is excited that she knows someone who does crosswords in pen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, pen is the only way. If you erase on newsprint, you can't read the entry anyway. Georgia is amazed that I do them in pen also.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete