Get Your Geek On

Get your geek on. Show your support. | geekthelibrary.org

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Welcome to Spring in Utah

This is the sight that greeted me Friday morning:

Gary shoveled our driveway and walks (being north-facing has it's issues) before I took this picture. He figures we had close to 8 inches. I had to agree after going out in the back yard to check the satellite dish for snow--the snow came up above the top of the boots I was wearing. You also have to know that the last of the snow in the shady spots of the front yard had finally melted away just a couple of days ago. Notice the driveway across the street only has tire tracks--no shoveling.


Now here's the same view just a mere 8 hours later:

Yep, that's a classic spring storm here in Utah. (Notice the driveway across the street--it was never shoveled--there's the benefit of being south facing!)

I'm not complaining. I came to terms with this kind of weather several years ago, I just thought I'd document it visually.

(And no, the white car didn't melt away, like Gary said it looks like. We moved it to the driveway before the snowplow came down the street.)

3 comments:

  1. But the garbage can melted away, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great storm. We'll get water out of it, we had some fun playing in it that day, and it was mostly gone by the next day without any nasty subzero weather. That's my kind of storm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'm glad it came after we had left. :)

    I'm also glad I got to see you! I was hoping you would be teaching sunday school . . . I always liked your lessons. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete