Get Your Geek On

Get your geek on. Show your support. | geekthelibrary.org

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Missionary Phone Call

Thanks to the great technology that is available these days, we were able to not just talk to Elder Aubrey yesterday, but see him too! Yes, we were allowed to use Skype to talk to him. The video was pretty poor, but I could still see him. I love that we could hear his voice, but love even more that I could see his smile. It's a great smile and I forgot how much I miss it. I love that we could see and hear him laugh. It's a great laugh--and I forgot how much I miss that too.

It was a wonderful time together. Carson was having a great time talking to his brother. Maren was a little on the quiet side, but definitely enjoying the conversations we were all having. We even got to talk to his companion for a couple of minutes. Elder Pauli doesn't speak much English (he's from Switzerland), but he did tell me that Aubrey is a wonderful missionary with a great love of the work. Ahh, that does a mother's heart good.

And, just so you know, I didn't cry at all during the call, or even right after we hung up. But I did tear up a bit just now as I was writing this.

4 comments:

  1. I had forgotten that you would get to talk to Aubrey on Christmas!! I bet it was wonderful---and glad you got to do it on Skype!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mentioned your extra treat today, and there were a bunch of other missionary parents who were pretty jealous! I'm so glad you had a great visit. And I agree that he does have a great smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did skype voice, but not video. I always hang up hoping the call was helpful to my son, and didn't end up making him homesick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog through Kim's blog. It's fun to catch up. I remember those missionary phone calls, they are the greatest. Have a great new year

    ReplyDelete